Sunday 29 June 2014

Dancing Bean

The Bean started Hip Hop classes a few months ago just after she turned three, and yes - it is as adorable as it sounds. Her dance school has a wonderful philosophy, a wonderful community, and as we discovered, their twice-yearly performances are pretty spectacular!

I was surprised at the emotion I felt when we signed her over into the care of the coaches and volunteers. It was my first time leaving her in the care of complete strangers. By the time it was her turn to perform, I was so anxious I actually shed a tear. Anxiety wasn't the only reason I cried - my heart was swelling with pride at how grown up my little girl had become all of a sudden. She was so confident, so fearless. She grew up more than just a little that night.

Busting a move at the big rehearsal
Another performance that night inspired me to sign up for a Hip Hop fitness class. Will I be brave enough to perform at the next show?

No comments:

Post a Comment