Friday 21 November 2014

Happy Birthday Baby

Lulu Bean turned one a few weeks ago and I am staggered at how quickly this year has passed. It is with some sadness that I ponder the fact that I will never again have a baby in my belly or my newborn in my arms.

Memorably, she took her first steps on her birthday. Watching a baby learn to walk is the cutest thing I have EVER seen, and I wish this stage would last more than just a few weeks. She said her first word (which like her sister was 'cat') recently, and it looks like she is on track to wean herself around the same time her sister did.


She is definitely not a baby anymore, which I may or may not have shed a few tears about... She has been surprising us over the last month or so by demonstrating she understands and comprehends so much more than we give her credit for. She is largely silent, but is obviously quietly sitting back and taking it all in. She has a strong personality, with a stubborn streak to rival her sister's, and she is starting to display a great sense of humour. What a beautiful age this is. I'm desperately going to miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment