Monday 28 January 2013

Super shorty



When I received my new camera I was struck by the familiar urge to buy a new lens. I’ve been on a seemingly never-ending quest to find the ‘perfect’ everyday lens to add to my collection – a real challenge when I have a budget of $0. My wish list includes this lovely piece of machinery but until money starts growing on trees, on my wish list is where it will stay.

Imagine how pleased I was to read some glowing reviews about this little beauty, and a steal at just a couple of hundred dollars! 

It was with great excitement that I started snapping away with this baby. There is so much anticipation when trying out a new lens for the first time. You look at the image previews on your camera desperately hoping that that they will meet your expectations, and it is such a thrill when your expectations are exceeded.

My ‘nifty fifty’ hasn’t been relegated to being a dust-collector just yet, but I think my new ‘shorty’ will be spending an awful lot of time attached to my camera. For such a cheap lens, I can’t believe how beautiful the photos are straight off the camera. The colours are rich, the depth of field transition is smooth, the photos somehow manage to look soft and sharp at the same time, and the focusing is fast and accurate. This little one definitely has a personality of its own and I think I’ve fallen in love…




No comments:

Post a Comment