Thursday 30 May 2013

Shoot to thrill

  
As our little business moves along - slowly - and as we feel inspired to come up with ideas to grow and expand what we do, I have allowed myself the occasional flutter of excitement in my belly at the possibilities. Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to make a living doing something you really love?

Although I am blessed to love the job that I have, it goes without saying that having a hobby and a passion that also doubles as a way to make a living would be a dream come true. I'm not sure that I have allowed myself to have such big dreams in the past, because it just seems easier to set the bar low and avoid disappointment.

One of the things I love most about photography is that every time I pick up my camera I learn something and improve my skills. What I know now is much more than I knew a year ago, and what I knew then was much more than I knew in the years before.

Over time, many things that I used to have to be mindful of have started to come naturally to me, and my ability to 'see' what I am photographing is always improving. There is a certain thrill in visualising the image I want to capture and then making it happen. There is something amazing about knowing that as long as I keep taking photos I will be learning, and growing, and improving – a lifelong quest for mastery.

I’ve read articles about professional photographers who up until a couple of years ago had never picked up a DSLR, so given that for me photography is a love that I have had since childhood, I hope that gives me a head start to get where I want to go… 


For now I will allow myself to dream and I hope the butterflies in my stomach fuel my creativity and push me to set the bar a little higher.

  

Are my butterflies the first flutters of movement from Pumpkin?




No comments:

Post a Comment