Monday 10 June 2013

Itchy feet

A little winter break at the coast was certainly a nice way to spend a long weekend. We're not really beachy-type people, but the coast is nice and close and a great spot to potter around and do nothing, except perhaps read a book, which I did—what a treat!

When I travel I like to daydream about what it would be like to live in the place we are visiting. I can safely say that I have no desire to live in a tourist down, nor is the beach necessarily a drawcard, but I am drawn to wherever there is some bushland, quaint little towns, small rural properties, lots of wildlife and natural beauty (anywhere that reminds me of Tasmania really). I like to daydream about the experiences a small town could bring, close-knit communities, cosy cottages and life moving at a slower pace.

I've been dreaming more and more lately, both day and night. Am I feeling restless because I have lived my whole life in one place and have only recently been reintroduced to the travel bug? Am I missing some sort of peace in my life and thinking I can find that peace elsewhere? Or is it natural to daydream about places other than where you call home?

Maybe the enormity of the responsibility of having another child is starting to give me itchy feet and that's why I find myself daydreaming about far away (or not so far away) places. Better figure out a way to get grounded again...



No comments:

Post a Comment